Monday, November 29, 2010

Final Project idea

For my photography project I was thinking about taking photos of different landscapes, and the natural decaying process that occurs within nature. By this I was thinking along the lines of old trees and rotting vegetation and pretty much anything else that seems to be decaying or rotting in the woods. I wanted to work with the 4x5 camera and make pretty large prints, probably around 11X14 or maybe 16x20, depending on the final images I decide to shoot. I’m thinking about printing 4-8 photos, each matted on ply board but without any borders or anything; again this depends on the final shots. Also, I’m really hoping for some mistakes in the darkroom or with my film or printing in general. I really want to have a sort of nostalgic, dream-like presence to the images, almost scary but not quite to that level and I’m always hoping for mistakes in my images in general.

Overall though I think this Is what I want to try and work with. I think that by showing what I love to do with photography I can invoke any sort of response in the viewer. I also think that with these photographs I’ll be able to show something not necessarily about my fears or desires, but the fears and desires of whoever looks at the images; which I hope to see in their reactions to the photos. I also really think that the photos will alter my audiences’ perspective on a lot of different things, especially on the topic of decay; either that or it will just invoke that perspective even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment