Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Final Project

I have been having a really hard time coming up with a concrete idea for what to do in my final project. I feel that trying to come up with one singular idea that 'encapsulates what photography means to us at this moment' is a very broad sort of request. Photography means a lot to me, and I like to do it because of so many different reasons, so I'm conflicted in trying to figure out just one thing to boil down to use as my final project.
So far I have done a lot of work with nudes and a little bit of self-portraiture. And I don't know if I should continue with this nude motif, or if I should do something different.
But this is what I do know. I like working with people - particularly friends. I like creating images that are evocative and intriguing and edgy all at the same time. So at least that's somewhat of a start.

I have always wanted to work with 3200 film and I have a bunch that I bought, but just haven't gotten around to using yet. So the one idea I'm sort of grasping to right now is doing something outside at night time, or maybe inside in very low light conditions. But I guess I would like to work with the idea that in the cover of the dark, people can more freely reveal things about themselves that they wouldn't normally otherwise.

So I definitely have to do a bit more thinking on this, and probably just start shooting and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment