Monday, November 29, 2010

Final Project

Alright, so I have to admit I sort of stumbled across one of my ideas for my final project, in fact, it found me. I was at a friend's house over break, and through some extraneous circumstances, came to be in his guest house. Unfortunately for my friend, the last guests had not been too kind with his possesions. My friend's dad was a doctor, and all his scholarly things had been strewn through out the house. This included his selection of medical slides. I guess you can see where this is headed.

Anyway, I selected three that I thought would make the best triptych. Actually, one image I pulled out and was immediately drawn to, and the other two I selected to work with the single image. To me this project would be an interesting statement on the editorial process, and the questions surrrounding ownership in our digital age. Additionally, I feel like this project would ask interesting question about the role of the artist as the 'man behind the camera.'

Another idea I had for this final project, would be to take a picture of a shrouded piece of art in monty, enlarge so that it would be as big or bigger than the original painting, and then frame it. We're doing this project for world AIDS day where we shroud all the art in monty, because world AIDS day is supposed to be a day without art, (this project has to be secretive and kept under wraps though, we can't tell anyone we're doing it). My teacher selected me to be the token photographer, but the only problem with this would be I currently don't have any 4x5 film, and world AIDS day is tomorrow.

I think I might end up doing both ideas and just going with which one I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment