Friday, November 26, 2010

Project Proposal


I hope to explore the medium by trying to printing on aluminum surfaces. I’d like to explore textures and its relationship with the viewer; specifically how changing the medium can alter this relationship with the subject’s textures. I hope that by changing the surface I can objectify the image, distancing the subject matter from the viewer and it to be seen more formally.

I don’t have much of plan for subject matter yet, but want to explore different subjects with different textures to see how using metal portrays them. I have an idea of a few images of varying subjects on metal and similar images on paper, too expose the metals effect on the textures. 

However I am still trying to work through the process (they are coming out mostly black) and hope that I will be able to accomplish this in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment