Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kyle Crapster, Untitled



So, this is actually I picture that a friend of mine, Kyle Crapster, took while backpacking in the Sawtooth National Forest this summer. He's not a famous photographer, but he dabbles, and I do really find this photo to be very interesting. I like the vibrant colors, especially the blues. And I like the way that the image is both trippy yet has a sense of stability all at the same time. The strength and mass and detail of the rock anchor me to the right side of the frame, but then seeing the horizon at such an askew angle kind of spirals me outward and I just get this rush and sense of exhilaration, as if I am there hanging off that cliff and the whole beauty of the world is just going to swallow me up. When I look at this image, I feel both a sense of calm and a sense of danger, which really draws me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment