Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'll Show You Mine...

If you show me yours..

I enjoyed working on this project and was glad to have it as an introduction for the class. I liked working and manipulating Sam’s image, as I tried to mix it by incorporating my artistic vision/style. The original image was in color, and I worked on various versions of the image but finally decided on using a sepia color, and having the image darken by increasing the contrast and then cropping the image to bring the subject closer to the edge/frame. I decided on these aesthetics because I wanted the light on the subject’s eyes to be more brighter and illuminated whilst the rest of the image was slightly shadowy. This is because I wanted to project more of a mysterious and menacing character, which I believe I was able to achieve. For my image, I liked how Sam cropped it so the sunglasses framing was less visible, making it harder for the viewer to really know how the image was taken. Along with that, Sam then decided to completely turn the image into an animated/comic looking image, adding more distortion to the image.
The rest of the class also produced fascinating remixes to the negatives they receives such as, reducing the contrast, boosting up the saturation, cropping the image to show/not show something in the image, or incorporating props to provide an additional story. As a result, we were all able to get a sense of what appeals to each individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment